Tuesday 27 November 2018

Tera buzz and My buzz

The other day, as I was about to board a flight from Dubai to Amman, I happened to carefully listen to Buzz by Badshah and Aastha Gill.  What followed was me trying to make a judgement with respect to what the Bollywood music scene is getting to. If the increasing amalgamation of Hindi-English lyrics in our songs was not enough, their crass lyrics, in a bid to increase the song’s youth following, seems to do no good to its recall value. 

In any case, I thought it would be a good idea to attempt translating the song’s lyrics to English to see if the eccentricity of the song intensified any further in English. Here’s presenting my version of the song Buzz in English. And if you’re wondering what my answer to the hilarity of the English version is, then you will have to wait.

My heart is not satisfied with you...


Your buzz doesn’t let me live

Doesn’t let me live… (4)

My heart is not satisfied with you

Now you are the doer and keeper (2)

And you don't let me drink water

Don’t let me drink

Your buzz doesn’t let me live

Doesn’t let me live (4)

Your eyes are trip

Your hair forms beautiful ringlets

You walk around as if

Everything belongs to your dad (2)

And you hold my waist to pull me

My fate is right under my feet (2)

Let it be and don't set me free

Set me free

Your buzz doesn’t let me live… (4)

Okay, okay, okay, I agree you are sick

You are thick from all the required places

Don't come in my sight and don’t show me your face

I shall break your heart, take this and note it down

Baby, ask anybody around, this lad is too much

My words have a slight Haryanvi twang 

All the rumours that you have heard from your women friends about me

They are all true

Baby, I am the one against whom

You may be getting cautioned by your mother

BAD shah is my name, and you can change it

If I did not get a no ensured for you

Everybody keeps looking at me

But I chose to only look at you

Everything around looks blurry

When the focus is on you (2)

Don’t show so much haste

By making lazy talks (2)

Don’t give me such stupid thoughts

 Your buzz doesn’t let me live… (2)

Astha Gill 

Your buzz doesn’t let me live… (2)

It’s your boy Badshah!

Your buzz doesn’t let me live

Doesn’t let me live… (4)


Hmm...And the buzz of this song was a little too much to handle. Quite surprisingly, this song is stuck in my head. What do you think? 




No comments:

Post a Comment