Sunday 26 July 2015

Let's become foodies!

Nothing gets better than talking food. Seriously. You may have noticed how Indian patriots say, ''Once an Indian, always an Indian!'' or artists saying ''Once an artist, always an artist!'' etc; the same holds true for me when it comes to food. Food and I share a deep bond. A bond in which food equally needs me and keeps coming back to me as much as I love it back. So, it's kind of an organic bond.

With the availability of increasing variety of foods, it is hard to decide whether one eats to live or lives to eat. Also, having said that, this decision is hardly relevant. I always thought the concept of food was overrated until I moved out of my comfort zone. I started exploring newer and different foods; albeit, at my own pace. And there! Food made me its amateur connoisseur. Food becomes addictive only when had in its authentic form. And extra cheese or butter is always welcome. Just imagine adding an extra dollop of butter on a paratha or a pancake. How about adding extra cheese in your dosa/pasta/pav bhaji/wrap/pizza that makes you go on a guilt trip! You have not had the most delicious foods without feeling guilty after having them. I so envy those who can eat anything and everything without piling on any extra kilo of weight. These, I feel, are the luckiest people. And more so if they happen to be true food lovers.

''I sliced the brownie into 4 big pieces, each piece being the size of two ice cubes combined. I pick up one of the bigger chunks of the walnut brownie, making its way into hot chocolate sauce along with some vanilla ice-cream. Did I just eat that? I forgot about everything else for those few seconds when the brownie entered my mouth. I assume, it was one of the foods that is probably served in heaven.'', texts a friend. Not the one to be left behind, I decide to have a brownie fondant that day itself. To hell with calories who think they could stop me from consuming them!  How can I miss out on such a sumptuous treat! My indulgence saved me from feeling deprived. Eating is an art. There is a way of serenading the foods you love, into your mouth. And I really admire those who have an eye for good food.

I stumbled upon a quote sometime back, which says, ''Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like.'' This quote stuck in my head ever since and helped me get rid of all the failed diet plans I had made and probably would further make in the future. Now, everytime I feel like looking after my diet, this quote keeps reverberating in my head. All of us slog ourselves day in and day out with the basic purpose of filling our stomach.  But, somewhere in the race to achieve bigger milestones, we often lose sight of the goal we had initially set out to accomplish and the things that make us happy. Scientifically, food has the power to restore and elevate one's mood. And, food is a mandate, whether you eat to live or live to eat. And it is always nice to share a good relationship with the things there is no escape with. So, let's become foodies and live happily ever after with our favorite foods! Oops, did I just say that?

No comments:

Post a Comment