Tuesday 8 December 2020

Weighty Issues

A few years ago, I chose a rigorous workout plan and almost starved myself, to lose 12 kilograms in three months. So disastrous were the repercussions of my weight loss programme that my body was depleted of several essential nutrients and vitamins, and it was only after nine months of struggle and compensation that I could feel healthy again. During the phase of recuperation, I regained all the weight I had lost and I was back to being my normal, plump self. 


Today, I feel pumped to lose some kilograms once every few weeks, or should I say months. Whether it is getting inspired by someone’s weight loss regime, learning about an exciting workout plan, or just watching the bulge around my stomach increasing, I end up making up my mind to give up chocolates (my biggest weakness) and all things fattening, until I discount a lot of the terms and conditions to make any plan more feasible for my body. After many attempts at losing weight, some successful and some, well, were just relegated to ideas, almost everything I did, apart from my walks, felt forceful. 


I recently decided to completely avoid salt in my food for an entire day in a week, which seemed more like a challenge and less like a chore, and boy, I wonder why this idea evaded me this long. With all the food being the same, I was surprised to see how my body reacted to this change. If you talk about the taste of my food, yes, there were very few compromises. The spices in my food overpowered the taste of my saltless platter, and my body hasn’t reacted better to this technique. 


As I plan to continue with this method of losing weight, I feel responsible towards people around me, especially the youth,in letting them know that every body has a different equilibrium, and it’s best to know what suits your body before you make a decision for your health. And don’t forget, less weight can never classify as a sign of good health.

No comments:

Post a Comment